Welcome to UW–Madison, a place that will transform you and like me, I hope, a place that you’ll grow to cherish. This is your opportunity to connect your purpose with your passion. Your classroom experiences, combined with leadership, service and involvement, create a powerful legacy: Your learning will never stop. I challenge you to take full advantage of these opportunities as a quality education consists of far more than academics alone.
Our sympathy goes out to our students who have loved ones impacted by the recent typhoon in the Philippines. If you need support, we are here to help. Contact International Student Services (608-262-2044) or the Dean of Students Office (608-263-5700, with walk-in hours at Bascom 70 between 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.).
Messages from the Dean
- Response to “rape culture” op-ed November 8th, 2013
- Sexual Assault Message from the Dean April 17th, 2013
- Newtown, CT December 14th, 2012
- See past messages »
My Favorite Student Care Package Program
The My Favorite Student care page program is sponsored by the Division of Student Life. It helps family members and friends to easily send a package to a UW-Madison student regardless if they live on or off-campus. Students can pick up their package in Bascom Hall 8:30am-4pm Mon-Fri. There are over 90 packages to choose from with a range of prices and contents. A portion of the cost of each package is returned to the campus to help fund student events, programs, and initiatives. Packages can be purchased singularly or as a group for a discount.
Student Life News
- ASM Green Fund applications available to students March 5, 2014
- Club water polo melds aspects of several sports March 4, 2014
- Student engagement survey: Turning the focus on the UW experience Feb. 26, 2014
- Recent Sightings: Getting organized Jan. 30, 2014
- Recent Sightings: Cocoa and the cold Jan. 27, 2014
- Update: No changes to Winter Commencement plans Dec. 22, 2013
- Students, families asked to plan ahead for snow, Winter Commencement Dec. 20, 2013
- Student, mother of eight finds balance in a busy life Dec. 10, 2013
- Student debt levels below national average Dec. 9, 2013
- UW-Madison senior wins Rhodes Scholarship Nov. 24, 2013
- More news