Welcome to Dean of Students Office
In collaboration with staff from other student life departments across campus, including University Health Services, the Police Department, and University Housing, the Dean of Students Office (DoSO) team members support the academic mission of UW-Madison by providing advocacy, prevention, intervention and referral services to students in their living-learning-working communities in order to foster citizens who exercise personal responsibility, ethical decision-making, and cross-cultural competency.
The staff of the Dean of Students Office unit of the Division of Student Life have two primary functions. First, to provide assistance and support services to students and the University community. The second is to manage the University�s academic and non-academic misconduct systems. Below is some information about these functions with links to more detail.
- Assistance/Advocacy for victims of violence, including sexual assault
- Investigation of sexual, racial or other harassment complaints (student perpetrator)
- Assistance in major personal or family emergencies
- Assistance/Advocacy for students who reside in off-campus residences
- Crisis loans to help students remain enrolled
- Assistance services for undergraduate, graduate & professional students
- Identification of & referral to on- & off-campus resources as appropriate
- Managing individual student crises & campus-wide emergencies
- Support & notification in the event of a student's death
- Serve as consultants for faculty/staff who have concerns about students they teach or employ
- Administration of the UW-Madison academic & non-academic code of student conduct