Finals week is a perfect time to remember the importance of being kind to yourself and to take advantage of resources that help make life a little easier. From events that relieve stress to study tips and tricks, we’ve got you covered. Below is a list of campus resources to help you rock finals week.
Study Tips & Events
- Greater University Tutoring Services (GUTS) is offering drop-in tutoring and free food all day long on Thursday, December 12 at College Library.
- The Wisconsin Union is hosting Finals Frenzy, with extended building hours and events all week. They also provide a great list of study spots: http://terraceviews.org/study-spots/
- Student to Student – Tips for scoring high on your exams from a fellow Badger: https://news.wisc.edu/student-to-student-tips-for-scoring-high-on-your-exams/
- College Library is open 24 hours from now until the end of finals.
- Roll Into Finals with Recreation & Wellbeing at the Natatorium Pool on Thursday, December 12 from 4 pm to 7 pm. Take a study break with games, log rolling, an inflatable pool obstacle course, cannonball contest, SUP yoga classes, giveaways, and more. There will be a variety of activities both in the pool and on the deck. Just bring your Wiscard!
- University Health Services (UHS) offers a variety of tools to support your success during stressful times in life. Review the following links:
- Easy guided relaxation techniques to help you focus, regain energy, and reduce stress: https://www.uhs.wisc.edu/news/midtermstressrelief/
- Tips for stress management: https://www.uhs.wisc.edu/wellness/stress/
- Strategies to stay stress-free during Finals Week: https://www.uhs.wisc.edu/news/finals/stress-free-finals/
- Take a break and pet some dogs with Dogs on Call: https://news.wisc.edu/nothing-like-a-dog-to-calm-that-finals-stress/