Finals Week is a perfect time to remember the importance of being kind to yourself and to take advantage of resources that help make life a little easier. From strategies to events that relieve stress to study tips and tricks, we’ve got you covered. Below is a list of campus resources to help you rock finals week. And remember, you’ve got this.
And if you’re having a hard time, remember the Dean of Students Office provides a caring, unique environment for students across campus to seek assistance and support.
Tips, Events, and Resources to get you through Finals Week:
- Greater University Tutoring Services (GUTS) is offering last-minute drop-in tutoring on December 13. There will also be free donuts, coffee, bagels, and GUTS promotional items. More about the GUTS Study Day events: http://www.guts.wisc.edu/announcements/guts-is-hosting-a-study-day-december-13th-free-food
- Roll Into Finals with Rec Sports at the Natatorium on December 13. Take a study break with games, log rolling, an inflatable pool obstacle course, cannonball contest, giveaways, and more. There will be a variety of activities both in the pool and on the deck from 4 – 7 pm. Prizes will be provided by KIND, Ian’s Pizza, and FreshFin Poke. Just bring your Wiscard!
- Qouncil presents: Study Day at the Gender and Sexuality Campus Center! From 10 am to 6 pm on December 13, there will be a full day packed with scheduled study time and activities, including Zumba, face masks, art, and more. There will also be snacks provided throughout the day with coffee, tea, and hot chocolate available for all your caffeine needs. More here: https://www.facebook.com/events/2186989678031760/
- Stress Relief Week, December 13-20, Rec Sports will help you take time for yourself with free Group Fitness classes at the Natatorium. Enjoy classes like Zumba, yoga, cycling, and more. Bonus: Bring 2 or more non-perishable, unopened, and non-expired food or personal care items to a free Group Fitness class and Ian’s Pizza will give you a coupon for a free slice! Donations benefit The Open Seat. (Students visiting The Open Seat will also receive free coupons from Ian’s Pizza.)
- Former DJ and current interim Dean of Students Argyle Wade will join Rob Sepich from University Health Services on Thursday, December 13 at 12 pm on WSUM 97.1. Tune in to learn more about stress management on #BascomBeat. Listen here: https://soundcloud.com/wsum/sets/bascom-beat
- The Division of Student Life has once again partnered with UW Transportation Services to provide safe transportation services during finals week, December 14 – 20. Combined with SAFEwalk and bus routes 80, 81 and 82, this will ensure student 24 hours of safe transportation options to make things a little easier during a stressful time. More: https://students.wisc.edu/blog/safe-transportation-options-available-24-hours-during-finals-week-2/
- The UW-Madison Libraries will help you study, relax, and keep you studying strong. More info from the Libraries: https://www.library.wisc.edu/news/2018/12/06/uw-fall-2018-finals/
- University Health Services (UHS) offers a variety of tools to support your success during stressful times in life. Review the following links:
- Easy guided relaxation techniques to help you focus, regain energy, and reduce stress: https://www.uhs.wisc.edu/news/midtermstressrelief/
- Tips for stress management: https://www.uhs.wisc.edu/wellness/stress/
- Strategies to stay healthy during Finals Week: https://www.uhs.wisc.edu/?s=finals
- The Wisconsin Union provides a list of study spots in their buildings: http://terraceviews.org/study-spots/
- The Wisconsin Union also wants to bring some fun and festivity while you focus on finals. With penny promotions, giveaways, study break options, and much more, you will be sure to gain some cheer amidst the frenzy while studying at The Union! Learn more about all of our upcoming events during Finals Frenzy: https://union.wisc.edu/events-and-activities/special-events/finals-frenzy/
- Student to Student: Tips for scoring high on your exams from a fellow Badger: https://news.wisc.edu/student-to-student-tips-for-scoring-high-on-your-exams/