The Division of Student Life works to make the Wisconsin Experience a possibility for all students by providing leadership opportunities, supporting students facing challenges, and empowering students to be active citizens in their communities.
The Division of Student Life comprises departments that share a common mission and vision; more than 100 professionals and 400 students dedicate themselves to helping students succeed both in and out of the classroom.
Mission: To cultivate a Wisconsin Experience for all students that advances and interconnects their academic, professional, personal, and social development.
Visions: A campus community where students are inspired and prepared to live the Wisconsin Idea.
In order to help the University of Wisconsin-Madison better serve students, we ask that you support us here:
Open Seat Food Pantry
- Student-run food pantry for UW-Madison students in need of food
Veteran student career development
- Help us support veteran students secure jobs and internships and understand how to best transfer their military experience
LGBTQ leadership development
- Leadership development on campus an in future employment is necessary in today’s global context. Help us provide additional efforts to students identifying as LGBTQ
LGBTQ fund for students who lost financial support from families
- Unfortunately each semester we have a number of students who lose financial support from parents when they come out as LGBTQ. These funds will allow students to survive and finish their degrees at UW-Madison.
Multicultural leadership development
- Leadership, mentorship, and professional development is often not easily accessible for students coming from underrepresented racial and ethnic backgrounds
Our Wisconsin, student diversity and inclusion training
- This new program provides culture and inclusion education so our graduates can succeed in an ever-changing world
Scholarships for students with disabilities
- Support students who have additional challenges related to disabilities
Transition to work assistance for students with disabilities
- Exiting college and moving into a new job comes with numerous financial challenges; this fund supports our students with disabilities as they transition into the workforce
Assistive technology and equipment for students with disabilities
- High-cost equipment is sometimes a necessity to help our students achieve their academic goals
International Student Bridge (Building Relationships in Diverse Global Environments)
- A vibrant program focused on building relationships with international students and U.S. Students
Greek life and student organization support
- With over 1,000 student organizations and more than 50 Greek Life organizations, financial support is crucial to their success
Leadership certificate programs
- Student Life runs a robust leadership program to prepare our graduates to be bold Badgers ready to lead in any organization
Ropes Course Center for leadership, team building, and problem solving
- The Adventure Learning Program, is a student run program that helps our campus build teams and develop leaders
Student crises fund
- At times our students face intense crises, which can hinder their academic journey. These funds help our students manage the crises and stay in school. From medical treatments, to broken glasses, or loss of a part-time job, these funds make a difference.
Student scholarships and awards
- We love to honor those students making a difference in their communities. Awards and scholarships show what Badgers are truly made of.