International Student Services

Creating Community for International Students

International Student Services has been serving the international student population at UW-Madison since 1958. Today, our office assists over 6,000 F and J visa students on campus navigating their Wisconsin Experience.

The transition to attending college in a foreign country can be tough, especially while navigating immigration and the changing COVID-19 guidelines. However, it remains our mission at ISS to help students to successfully navigate the intercultural transition process and feel more connected to the university. We work to provide vital services and programs to improve the experience of our international students as well as advancing the internationalization of our campus and community.

Please donate today to help us cultivate a community of support and inclusion for international students on campus.

Donate to International Student Services

Provided critical advising resources in 1,700 appointments in Fall 2020 alone

ISS serves over 6,000 international students on campus

91 ISS students are currently benefiting from our emergency grant totaling $91,517

Breaking Barriers, Building Bridges

Real Students, Real Stories

“ISS is my home at UW-Madison and the staff/students motivate me and make me feel like I am part of something whole much like family members do. Living through a global pandemic in a foreign country is a frightening and isolating experience. But ISS staff made it a priority that its students are heard, supported, and connected. ”

– Adati Tarfa, Pharm.D, MS & former ISAB member

“As an international student ISS benefits me a lot in allowing to be more involved in campus life. I am able to meaningfully interact with the students from various backgrounds and feel supported through ISS programs. I truly appreciate the efforts ISS has provided for the international students!”

-Sean Yan, ISAB Affiliated Student Organization Member

“ISS is always dedicated to international students’ engagement. I once benefited from closer on-campus connections in the BRIDGE program provided by ISS. When faced with pandemic, I really appreciated well-updated information from ISS and mental health support in online events.”

-Ruisu Zhang, ISAB Transfer Student

“I enjoy the cultural events the ISS Office provides, such as the Global Café! They give me more understandings of the cultures where my international friends are from.”

– Rung Shih, ISAB undergraduate student representative

“ISS advising service is always supportive of our global badgers! They give detailed and caring plans and suggestions for any questions we have. Every time I meet them, I am always feeling their passion for our global community.”

– Dingyi, ISAB undergraduate student representative

“During the pandemic, I witnessed how the ISS changed their work to the online model while maintaining crisis management functions. The ISS team has been growing and moving forward with all global badgers at this challenging time. It is heartwarming and inspiring to have ISS here as a supportive platform where we can always share and rely.”

– Wuqi Yu, Global Badger Alumni

WAYS TO GIVE

Give online or by mail. Giving should be easy, and we want to be able to support you in getting your gift to the area that matters most to you.

STUDENT AFFAIRS GIVING PAGE

Make a gift to a Student Affairs department or initiative.

INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SERVICES

\Learn more about International Student Services.