Get Help

The resources on this page can provide support, guidance, and help if you are concerned about yourself or someone you know.

Dean of Students Office

Get help connecting with the appropriate campus support when you or another student are facing personal challenges. The Dean of Students Office consults faculty and staff, parents, families, and friends as needed to provide holistic support to students.

Visit Dean of Students Office

Mental Health Services

University Health Services’ no-cost mental health services include individual, couple/partner, group counseling, outreach programming, and stress management.

Visit University Mental Health Services

Call 911 if you are in immediate danger or have a medical emergency.

Mental Health Crisis
608-265-5600 ext. 9

Rape Crisis Center


UW Police

Financial resources

Student crisis

Short-term loans are available for students experiencing an unexpected life event or circumstance that causes financial hardship.

Learn about crisis loans

International students

Information regarding awards, scholarships, fellowships, grants, loans, and special programs available to international students.

Visit International Student Services

Basic needs

Resources to support your basic needs in the Madison area, including finances, food, mental health, internet and technology, employment, and childcare.

Visit Office of Student Financial Aid

Report an incident

Sexual misconduct

Actions related to sexual assault or exploitation, dating/domestic violence, or stalking.

Report sexual misconduct

Bias concern

Including slurs, degrading language, epithets, graffiti, symbols, assault, microagressions, and harassment.

Report bias concern

Other incidents

This could include a student that you are concerned about, hazing, stalking, or a missing student.

Report other incidents


Any activity that a person is expected to join or participate in that humiliates, degrades, abuses, or endangers regardless of willingness to participate.

Report hazing

Get help for others

Behavior Intervention Team

Helping direct distressed or disruptive students find support resources while focusing on success for both the student of concern and the campus at large.

the Team

Missing student

Any student who suddenly stops attending their classes or other university activities, misses an exam, or stops responding to emails.

Report a Missing Student

Student of concern

Any student displaying behaviors that may interfere with their ability to be successful or disrupts the learning of others.

Report a Concern

Get more information on academic and advising resources.