The Division of Student Life comprises departments that share a common mission and vision as well as strategic priorities. The division’s efforts are grounded in the guiding principles of: scholarly pursuits, inclusivity, self-discovery, citizenship, and social justice. The interconnecting values, strategic priorities, mission and vision are further strengthened within the context of the university’s Essential Learning Outcomes and Campus Strategic Framework.
More than 100 professional and 400 student staff, working across nine departments, dedicate themselves to helping students succeed both in and out of the classroom. The following staff members comprise the leadership team in our division.
Learn more about us: Division of Student Life 2015-16 Report
To cultivate a Wisconsin Experience for all students that advances and interconnects their academic, professional, personal, and social development.
A campus community where students are inspired and prepared to live the Wisconsin Idea.
The Division of Student Life is focusing energy on five priorities during the next four years (2015-2019).
- Increase the university’s capacity to educate and support students through sustained partnerships.
- Increase student cultural competency through coordinated educational initiatives and skill-based trainings.
- Increase student action on personal, social, and civic responsibilities by connecting them to opportunities for meaningful involvement
- Increase student resilience by educating on self-advocacy and well-being.
- Increase student application of their Wisconsin Experience to career aspirations through integrative reflection.