We are dedicated to helping students succeed in and out of the classroom. Our departments serve students in areas including health and well-being, identity and inclusion, leadership and engagement, and student advocacy. We collaborate broadly across the many campus units and programs that serve students, such as the Division of Diversity, Equity and Educational Achievement and University Housing, to enhance UW–Madison as a welcoming and inclusive community for all students.
The Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs (VCSA) reports to the Chancellor and is a member of her executive team.
Outside professionals and alumni who serve to advance the mission of Student Affairs.
Diverse student organization leaders who advise on student-related issues.
Diversity and Inclusion Student Advisory Board
Students who advise on initiatives relevant to the underrepresented/minority student experience.
Annual reports, surveys and other key findings from Student Affairs.
A visual representation of how Student Affairs is structured.
Areas within Student Affairs
Student Leadership and Community Engagement
Center for Leadership & Involvement
Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life
Student Affairs Advancement
Policies and guidelines
- Policy on Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence (UW-146)
- Academic Misconduct (UWS-14)
- Academic Misconduct Procedures (UWS-14)
- Non-Academic Misconduct (UWS-17)
- Non-Academic Misconduct Procedures (UWS-17)
- Conduct on University Lands (UWS 18)
- Student Housing Handbook
- Protest Guidelines (UW-6011)
- Responsible Action Guidelines
- Use Guidelines for Names and Pronouns
Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
185 Bascom Hall
500 Lincoln Drive
Madison, Wisconsin 53706