Student Affairs is providing weekly events, opportunities, and activities that Badgers can join online or in person. Building community is key to finding your home on campus. We encourage students to engage with others and find people to connect with at UW–Madison.
Join us this week for the following events and opportunities.
Highlights of the week:
- An Evening with Giveon:Join the Black History Month planning committee for a virtual performance and moderated Q&A with Giveon. Giveon is a Grammy-nominated performing artist known for his smooth baritone voice. In the moderated Q&A they will discuss the theme for the month—Music as Medicine: Evolution of Music in the Black Community. This is a closed event that will not be recorded. It will play one time only, so you must attend live. To attend please RSVP by Wednesday, 2/24.Online.
24: UW-Madison Leadership Certificate Virtual Informational Session – The Center for Leadership & Involvement (CfLI) would like to invite all UW-Madison students (undergraduate, graduate, and professional) who are interested in learning more about the Leadership Certificate. The Orientation format will be a general overview geared toward students who are just beginning the Leadership Certificate application process. Join us on Zoom. 6-7 p.m.
25: Intern & Study in Washington D.C. – Meet advisors and returned students of the Wisconsin in Washington program to learn how YOU can jump start your career by:
- Interning in Washington, DC
- Completing classwork in domestic and international issues that complement & enhance your internship experience
- Taking a course from our Ambassador in Residence
- Connecting with UW alumni & professionals in your field
Register to attend on Zoom. 12-1 p.m.
26: FriYAY Coffee – Want a cozy and casual way to meet new friends? Join the School of Education on the 4th Friday of each month for FriYAY Coffee. The online event will have a facilitator, but it’s mostly just a way to build community online. School of Education undergraduate and graduate students, as well as their friends, are welcome to join from 10-11 a.m.
27: 25th All Campus Leadership Conference – Come attend the Student Leadership Program’s virtual 25th Annual All-Campus Leadership Conference! Besides their amazing keynote speaker, Samantha Ramirez-Herrera, there will be a variety of breakout sessions focusing on leadership, development, social justice issues, and other intriguing subjects that you can use during your college career and beyond. This event will be offered via Zoom from 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. and will have raffle prizes.
28: Choi Tae Know Do Practice – Join Choi Tae Kwon Do Club on Zoom for free lessons! Practice ITF-style tae kwon do, a traditional Korean martial art. No previous experience necessary. Wear workout clothes suitable for kicking, punching, and jumping. 10-11:30 a.m.
1: Stitch Niche – A chance to check in, knit, and converse. Don’t know how to knit or don’t have needles? We can get you supplies and teach you! Join PresHouse on Gathertown online from 7:30-8:30 p.m.
2: SoE Latinx Affinity Open Dialogue Discussion – The School of Education’s (SoE) Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (OEDI) invites you to join them in their upcoming Latinx Student Affinity Open Dialogue Discussion. Please RSVP using this link to receive further information, including the Zoom link to participate (registration will close 1 hour prior to the event). 3-4 p.m.
- Badger Talks – Badger Talks is pleased to present a LIVE series of talks on topics that intend to inspire, delight, and pleasantly distract in a time we are all needing positive experiences. Tune in to hear UW–Madison faculty and staff experts on a variety of interesting and engaging topics. Watch the live events here on Facebook. Not able to watch the live talks? Watch previous Badger Talks LIVE events on YouTube.