This message was sent to leaders of registered student organizations with members who may be affected by the escalation of violence in Israel and the Palestinian Territories.
We are reaching out to student organizations whose members may be particularly affected by the recent acts of violence in Israel and the Palestinian Territories. We are committed to supporting you during this profoundly difficult time.
First, UW–Madison has reached out to our enrolled students from Israel and the Palestinian Territories to provide the latest information, resources, and support.
Second, a key priority was to ensure that all students studying abroad in the region were reported to be safe. We are in active contact with them to advise about travel and provide other means of support. Those efforts will continue for as long as is needed.
On campus, processing spaces are available for students upon request. Please email the Dean of Students Office for additional information.
Here are resources available now to support students:
Reflection and Prayer Spaces are available across campus.
The Center for Interfaith Dialogue is a resource for students to learn and share about their religion and faith.
University Health Services (UHS) supports all students with health and wellness resources.
- Counseling staff at UHS are available to talk with students impacted by recent events or other personal concerns. You can make an appointment online or by calling (608) 265-5600.
- UHS’s Let’s Talk sessions offer drop-in appointments with counselors, and you do not need to make an appointment ahead of time. There are virtual sessions for international students every Monday from 3–5 p.m.
- The crisis support line is also available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days a year at (608) 265-5600 (option 9).
The Dean of Students Office connects students who are navigating personal, academic, or health issues, to supportive campus and community resources. If you need academic flexibility, the Dean of Students Office or the dean of your school or college can support.
- Call the Dean of Students Office: (608) 263-5700
- Email: email@example.com
- Drop-in (virtual or in-person): M–F, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fill out this form to get started.
We are committed to supporting you in all ways that we are able, and please know that you are not alone. If you have further ideas about how we might best support you beyond the resources listed, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Christina Olstad, EdD (she/her)
Dean of Students