Welcome back to campus Badgers! For new Badgers, welcome to our beautiful campus. We’re so glad you’re here.
Instruction for the spring semester begins Tuesday, January 24. To help you get settled back into school (and connect with other new and returning Badgers, campus is hosting dozens of Wisconsin Welcome events throughout the first month of the semester
Here are a few highlights to mark on your calender:
- Badger Wrestling (FREE) – Jan. 22 Support the Badgers on the mat as our nationally-ranked wrestling team hosts Iowa in a Big Ten Conference showdown. The first 200 students to show their Wiscard at the Student Affairs table (between Gates B & C on the UW Field House concourse) will get a FREE Red Shirt.
- MLK Symposium: An Evening with Benjamin Jealous – Jan. 23 In honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Student Affairs and the Division of Diversity, Equity, and Educational Achievement (DDEEA) annually host a campus speaker for an evening of reflection. This year, former NAACP president Benjamin Jealous will reflect on the work of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., through his own work as an investigative journalist and civil rights leader. The event is free and open to all students, with an online option that requires registration.
- Theme Skating with RecWell – Saturdays The Shell ice rink is open for skating five days a week, and holds Theme Skating nights every Saturday. Check the theme online, and head down to the Shell Saturday nights for a fresh experience ice skating! The first Theme Skating night will be held Jan. 28, with the theme “Yacht Rock.”
- Ready, Sett, Go! Game Night w/ Center for the First-Year Experience – Jan. 26 Come celebrate the new semester and 2023 as Badgers take over the Sett with CFYE. Enjoy lots of FREE food, bowling, games, and trivia! Returning Badgers and new Badgers alike are invited to come ring in the new semester.
- Comeback Carnival with Multicultural Student Center – Jan. 27 Kick off the Spring 2023 semester with the Comeback Carnival! Come learn about Multicultural Student Organizations. Enjoy tasty food and get FREE goodies while they last.
- Spring Student Organization Fair – Jan. 31 The Student Org Fair, held every semester at the Kohl Center, is an opportunity for student organizations to present themselves to other students, and make connections with over 400 orgs!. Joining a student organization is a great way to build community, get involved, and explore your Wisconsin Experience. Attend the student org fair to find an organization that is right for you.
- Women’s Basketball Game (FREE) – Feb. 1 Second-year head coach Marisa Moseley and the women’s basketball team hit the court to take on Big Ten rival Ohio State. Help provide a home court advantage as the Badgers battle the Buckeyes. The first 200 students to show their Wiscard at the Student Affairs table (Section 115 of the Kohl Center) will get a FREE Red Shirt.
- Wisconsin Union Winter Carnival – Feb. 6-11 The Wisconsin Union’s Winter Carnival is a fantastic tradition on the UW campus. The carnival has something for everyone over its six days, featuring scavenger hunts, mini golf, ice fishing, movies, live music, and more.
Check out go.wisc.edu/welcome or download the Wisconsin Welcome app for a full list of events and information. Be sure to use #WiWelcome on social media to stay connected.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.