Hey Badgers! #UWSummer is in full swing! We hope you have had a change to unwind and enjoy these warm summer months.
Looking for something to do? Check out our list of 10 must-do activities on campus before fall semester. Share your own progress with the #BadgerBucketList.
Must-Dos on Campus this Summer:
- Watch a beautiful sunset at the Memorial Union Terrace. Grab a bite to eat at Der Rathskeller or enjoy Babcock Dairy ice cream from the Daily Scoop.
- Visit the stunning Allen Centennial Gardens. Located near the Lakeshore neighborhood, the gardens are open and free to students.
- Try something new from the delicious food trucks parked in Library Mall. The enormous spring rolls from Fresh Cool Drinks are a campus favorite.
- Sunbathe on Bascom Hill. Remember sunscreen and a good book.
- Bike along the Lakeshore Path. It’s easy to rent an electric bike from Madison BCycle for a discounted student price.
- Rent a kayak or paddleboard through Hoofers and take it out on Lake Mendota. Rentals are only $12 per hour for students or WI Union members.
- Spend a rainy afternoon at the Chazen Museum of Art. Open for free, reserved visits.
- Shop local at Saturday on the Square. Stroll around the largest producer-only farmers’ market in the country and stick around for live music in the evening.
- Walk, bike, or run on the Lake Monona Loop. Take a quick breather on the lovely Monona Terrace.