Happy #PrideMonth Badgers! We’re proud to support the LGBTQIA+ community and are thankful for our LGBTQIA+ students, faculty, staff, members, and guests who contribute so much to our campus community and to our collective experiences.
Explore 10 ways to celebrate #Pride on campus and in our Madison community this month. We hope you engage in these spaces and celebrate who you are.
- Take in the #Pride flags flying at Memorial Union, Union South, and the Wisconsin State Capitol. While you’re at Memorial Union, pick up a Pride button too!
- Pronouns matter. Learn how to choose your personal pronouns and preferred name on Canvas.
- Join University Health Services (UHS) virtual LGBTQIA+ Let’s Talk group sessions for easy access to informal and confidential support every Friday from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Connect with a peer mentor or professional staff at the Gender and Sexuality Campus Center (GSCC). Feel free to drop-in to their office in the Red Gym or make an appointment Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Download the Wisconsin Union’s new #Pride wallpapers for your phone and laptop.
- Hear from LGBTQIA+ professionals on their career journeys about what it means to be OUT in tech. Learn more about this virtual discussion on June 29.
- Explore GSCC’s helpful list of campus resources and trainings for building healthy relationships, acting in solidarity, and more.
- Use your WisCard to check out books and DVDs about LGBTQIA+ identity, life, and health from the UW-Madison Libraries.
- Join student organizations working to support the LGBTQIA+ community on campus.
- Nominate UW-Madison faculty, staff, students, or community members who have advanced the work of diversity, equity and inclusivity in our community for the 2021 UW System P.B. Poorman Award for Outstanding Achievement on Behalf of LGBTQ+ People.