We’re in the homestretch! As the academic year winds down and spring is here (or trying to be!), remember to take care of yourself and each other. Let’s stay focused and #FinishStrong, Badgers.
Here are some tips, resources, and strategies to use as you hit the final stretch:
Stay on track.
- #FinishStrong with help from Greater University Tutoring Service (GUTS), a peer tutoring service that provides academic, language, and study skill support for all Badgers. It’s free and easy to register.
- Find academic tools and study resources in one place.
You’re not alone.
- If you need assistance, there are teams of people to support your basic needs and mental health. If you’re in a challenging situation and not sure where to go, start with the Dean of Students Office. Staff will help you connect with resources and services.
- Download the Healthy Minds Program App or visit the Center for Healthy Minds for podcast-style lessons, active meditations, and more. (This is a personal favorite.)
- Let’s Talk through Univeristy Health Services (UHS) offers virtual sessions with licensed counselors. Students can sign up online for a 20-minute, private consultation within a two-hour period, now until May 5.
Take a break. Or celebrate!
- Remember, it’s okay to take a break. Find time to pause and take in the moment; relax and recharge. Go for a walk outside; listen to music; drink water; sleep; or reach out to your loved ones or people who help you be the best you.
- The week of May 6-12 is Self-care Week at Rec Well. Enjoy free group fitness and meditation classes to help you get to the finish line.
- Taking a break from studying can even help increase your energy and focus in the long run. Wisconsin Union has free events to help you re-energize, relax, and celebrate.
This is your moment. Feel proud of yourself and remember that campus is filled with support services and resources to help us #FinishStrong together.
You’ve got this!
Christina Olstad, EdD (she/her/hers)
Dean of Students