It’s been a longhaul, and we’ve done well —we’re almost to the finish line! COVID vaccines are rolling out, and warmer weather is here. We’re all looking forward to celebrating the end of COVID, but we’re not there yet. Let’s encourage our students to stay on track and to finish strong this semester!
Here’s how to #FinishStrong
1)Keep testing and get vaccinated where you can. A green badge is your ticket to campus activities, any in-person exams, and graduation at Camp Randall.
• COVID-19 testing information (UW–Madison)
• COVID-19 vaccine information (UW–Madison)
• What to Know After You Get the Vaccine (UW Health)
2)Keep following public health and university guidelines. New and more contagious variants of COVID with unknown resistance to the vaccine are present in Wisconsin. Mask up, physically distance, and wash your hands —even if you’ve tested negative and even if you’re vaccinated.
• Masks Work. Really. We’ll Show You How. (New York Times)
3)Remember you’re not alone. There are teams of people to support your basic needs, mental health, and academic success. If you’re not sure where to start, the Dean of Students Office can guide you.
• Mental Health Services (University Health Services)
• Find an Academic Advisor (Office of Undergraduate Advising)We encourage graduate students to reach out to their faculty advisor or graduate program coordinator for academic support.
• Academic support (Center for the First-Year Experience)
• Basic Needs Resources (Office of Student Financial Aid)
• Strategies for Managing Psychological Impact of COVID-19 (UW Health) Prompts