Your Dean of Students Christina Olstad holds office hours every week for all students and invites YOU to come and start a conversation. As your official coach for navigating college life outside the classroom, Dean Olstad is dedicated to serving students by listening to their stories and advocating for positive change on campus.
Head over to Room 70 in Bascom Hall between 2 – 4 p.m. every Friday this spring semester for Dean Olstad’s drop-in office hours. Not available then? Contact email@example.com to make an appointment.
Here are five reasons why you should attend Dean Olstad’s office hours:
- Introduce yourself. Stop in and say “hello!” Dean Olstad would love to get to know you. No matter what is going on in your life Dean Olstad wants to hear about it. She’s warm, welcoming, and her main focus is student success.
- Share your story with a campus leader who wants to learn how to better support UW–Madison students. Office hours provide an opportunity to share your experiences at UW–Madison and what you would like to be improved for the student experience. Dean Olstad wants every student to know they have someone in their corner. “I’d love to connect with you and hear about your time as a Badger on campus. I want to know how your Wisconsin Experience is going, and how we can make it better,” says Dean Olstad. “By raising your voice and reaching out to me, I can elevate a student’s problem or experience with my campus colleagues and advocate for change.”
- You’re Not Sure Who To Talk To. There is no topic too big or small to bring to her. Dean Olstad is willing to listen and offer support about any issues that are on your mind. Dean Olstad teams with staff within the Dean of Students Office, Center for the First-Year Experience, Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards, the Parent and Family Program, and helps support Associated Students of Madison, so she can help connect you with the resources you need for any challenge you are facing.
- Share an idea. Are you a genius inventor, entrepreneur, creative, or have a big idea!? Come tell Dean Olstad all about your plans for a new club, campus initiative, or program event/idea, and she can help you figure out the next steps to bring your idea to life
- Enjoy a casual game of chess, or pick up stress putty or an ice cream coupon! Dean Olstad is always prepared with lots of stress putty and coupons for ice cream at the Unions. Go get yours, and start the conversation.
LAST WEEK 65 Badgers showed up at office hours for a little April Fool’s Day fun! Here’s a little recap: This year, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Lori Reesor thought it would be fun to invite Badgers to Dean Christina Olstad’s office hours, and surprise the dean of students with a flood of Badger love. Students stopped by office hours, said hello, and got a coupon for Babcock ice cream for joining the fun! Such a nice way to end the week.