We’re in the homestretch! As the academic year winds down and spring is here (or trying!), remember to take care of yourself and each other. Let’s stay focused and #FinishStrong, Badgers.
Here are some tips, resources, and strategies as you hit the final stretch:
Stay on track.
- #FinishStrong with help from Greater University Tutoring Service (GUTS), a peer tutoring service that provides academic, language, and study skill support for all Badgers. It’s free and easy to register.
- Find academic tools and study resources in one place.
You’re not alone.
- If you need assistance, there are teams of people to support your basic needs and mental health. If you’re in a challenging situation, and you’re not sure where to go, start with the Dean of Students Office. Staff will help you connect with resources and services.
- Download the Healthy Minds Program App or visit Center for Healthy Minds for podcast-style lessons, active meditations, and more. (It’s a personal favorite!)
- Let’s Talk through UHS offers students virtual sessions with licensed counselors. Students can sign up online for a 20-minute private consultation within a two-hour period, now until May 6.
Take a break. Or celebrate.
- Remember it’s okay to take a break. Find time to pause and take in the moment; relax and recharge. Go for a walk outside; listen to music; drink water; sleep; or reach out to your loved ones.
- The week of May 7-13 is Self-care Week at Recreation & Wellbeing. Enjoy free group fitness and meditation classes to help you #FinishStrong.
- Research has shown that taking a break from studying can help increase energy and focus. Wisconsin Union has free events to help you re-energize, relax, and celebrate.
This is your moment. Feel proud of yourself and remember that campus is filled with support services and resources so we can #FinishStrong together.
Christina Olstad, Ed.D. (she/her)
Dean of Students