If the pandemic has taught us anything, it’s how to adapt to new circumstances. With UW-Madison limiting in-person interaction for students, there’s still plenty to do virtually.
Here’s a list of this week’s activities that you can join online:
- 9 and 11: Live Guided Meditations — Join @uwrecwellfor a moment to pause and just breathe with a live-guided meditation. Whether this will be your first time meditating or it’s part of your daily routine, all levels are welcome. Sept. 9 at 7 p.m. and Sept. 11 at noon
- 9-10: Student Organization Fair | Sept. 9 & Sept. 10 – Explore UW’s registered student organizations (RSOs) and connect with student representatives in a virtual meeting room to learn about their missions, membership, and activities.
- 11: Native Student Welcome – Learn about ways to get involved with indigenous organizations on campus, hear from a panel of Wunk Sheek student leaders, and receive a prayer for a successful semester from a native elder. This event is intended for self-identifying American Indian, First Nations, Native Hawaiian, and indigenous members of the UW community.
- 11-12: World Music Festival – This year’s free Festival is virtual and includes, for the first time in its 17-year history, workshops with all Madison World Music Festival artists.
- 14: How to Be an Active Badger – Being an Active Badger is about more than being physically active. It’s about taking action to show up for ourselves, our community, and our world. This workshop will provide you with ways to get involved in the UW-Madison community while also taking care of your physical and mental health, particularly ways to safely connect with others during this challenging time.
- 15: March on Bascom Kick-off – Join this 4th annual kick-off event to UW–Madison’s Latinx Heritage Month virtually this year! Engage on Instagram Live to learn about the march as well as Latinx Heritage Month 2020.
- Virtual Group Fitness Classes – Try as much as you’d like from Rec Well instructors for FREE through Sept. 13! Choose your challenge any day of the week – there are classes for strength, mind-body, cardio, and high-intensity intervals.
- Wheelhouse Studios at Home – While our studio is temporarily closed, try one of our favorite at-home projects perfect for artists of all skill levels! We’ll keep adding new projects, so check back in when you’re in the mood to create.
- Rec Well Intramural eSports – From Madden to Mario Kart to trivia, sign-ups are happening now for e-sport intramurals!