Student Affairs is providing weekly events, opportunities, and activities that Badgers can join online or in person. Building community is key to finding your home on campus. We encourage students to engage with others and find people to connect with at UW–Madison.
Join us this week for the following events and opportunities.
Highlights of the week:
- Black History Month: This year’s Black History Month theme is Music as Medicine: The Evolution of Music in the Black Community. Join the Black History Month planning committee and the Black Cultural Center by participating in the exciting events they have taking place all month.
- Wisconsin Welcome: Wisconsin/Winter Welcome is a series of welcome programs and events designed to introduce new students to campus and the UW-Madison community from Jan. 25 thru Feb. 15.
- Apply for a Bucky Award: The Bucky’s Award Ceremony is an event where students and student organizations have the opportunity to be recognized for their hard work on campus and in the community. All leaders are encouraged to apply! Candidates may submit up to two applications.
3: 2021 Virtual Student Organization Fair – Join the Center for Leadership and Involvement for this semester’s Student Organization Fair. This is an opportunity for students to find information about registered student organizations in which they may have interest. This event is virtual at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
4: Peace Corps Virtual Advising – Ready to learn more about Peace Corps? Have questions about how to be most competitive or submit an application? Drop-in advising from the Campus Peace Corps Recruiter can help. On Zoom, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
5: Do You Want to Build a Snowman (Inside)? – Join Wheelhouse Studios to create a snowman sleeve from your own home. Snowman kits will be available for pickup at Wheelhouse Studios inside the Wisconsin Union. Numbers are limited and are offered first-come-first-served, so come early to claim your kit. 1-5 p.m.
6: Treat Meet Tour – Stop by Pres House to pick up a homemade cookie and tour the study space and chapel, which students are welcome to use. Face coverings required, and entrance is monitored to ensure physical distancing and safe capacity. 2-4 p.m.
7: UW Libraries’ Winter Welcome Bingo – Explore the various resources and services available through the UW–Madison Libraries. You may be surprised by all they have to offer you! Get bingo and submit your card by Feb. 14 to be entered in a drawing to win a $25 University Bookstore gift card! Online, 9 a.m.-10 p.m.
8: Intern Abroad! – Join the International Internship Program (IIP) to get assistance in finding a virtual or in-person internship. IIP advises students no matter what stage they are at in their internship search, helping identify professional opportunities abroad, attain credit, and identify funding options. IIP has a number of international internships open exclusively to UW–Madison students. Attend to learn more about upcoming deadlines and internship search strategies! On Zoom, 5-6 p.m.
9: MLK Symposium – An Evening with Isabel Wilkerson (re-recorded encore) – Join Student Affairs and the Division of Diversity, Equity and Educational Achievement for a re-recorded encore of Isabel Wilkerson’s MLK Symposium lecture as part of Black History Month. Registration is not required. Recording of the lecture is strictly prohibited. On YouTube, 6-9 p.m.
- Winter Wonderland: Winter Scavenger Hunt – Participants can complete the scavenger hunt at any time between Jan. 16 and Feb. 14, 2021. Additionally, those who answer all 15 questions will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win Wisconsin Union gift cards ranging in value from $5-25. A drawing will take place on Feb. 15, and winners will be notified via email.
- Badger Talks – Badger Talks is pleased to present a LIVE series of talks on topics that intend to inspire, delight, and pleasantly distract in a time we are all needing positive experiences. Tune in to hear UW–Madison faculty and staff experts on a variety of interesting and engaging topics. Watch the live events here on Facebook. Not able to watch the live talks? Watch previous Badger Talks LIVE events on YouTube.